perjantai 31. toukokuuta 2013

Expedition mode

Really busy week behind. Wrapped up stuff for hood-o, arranged a live event at Kobe Shonen and after a few sayonara parties, it was time to head back to Finland.

A really interesting thing happened last week, I got out to climb a nearby mountain to test hood-o. As usual, GPS signal didn't work out on the samsung (the device has no cell network so I'm relying entirely on the built in GPS, great for worst case scenario testing). I left the house, GPS icon blinking on and on and on.

Getting closer to the mountain, the icon still blinks and my voyage had no starting point. It's hot, i'm getting sweaty and climbing the steep hills, all the way to the top. There's a small temple up there with a magnificient view over Kobe, the sun and the sea. Took out the device and yes, it had found GPS and we were in business.

I wondered around the mountain on my hood-o mission and sat down below the plum trees, the noise from the city was really quiet and the scent of the forest simply breathtaking. Heading down the hill I stumbled down the narrow rocky paths and made it back down. Venturing on, I headed towards the place I started (I remembered they had a vending machine over there), climb climb climb.

There was no vending machine. I sat down exhausted. Another gaijin walks down the hill. In Japan we rarely talk to the other gaijins who threaten our gaijin uniqueness in the country. But this time around I said hello, the gaijin said hello and we had a nice chat and headed down the hill. I told I'm testing a new game that's about experiencing things, he told me he's an experimental musician from Scotland.

Moving on, the scotsman got intrigued about the game and asked me If I have heard of Psychogeography and I had to admit I hadn't. Sounded very intriguing. We parted ways, I went home and read the wikipedia article. Bam. This is exactly the thing. So bizarre that on the only day I actually could be bothered to climb the local mountain despite exhaustion and hangover, I met this dude who knows about this thing that's exactly what I'm trying to do.

Hood-o in action ladies and gentlemen. I'm not going to say too much but.. we're working hard here setting up Camp Hastur in Finland to build this thing for you. So you can also experience the wonder. Wait.

Here's some music from the man on the mountain at the right time. Me name dropping? Never. =)



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti