maanantai 6. toukokuuta 2013

Back in Black!

First blog entry in like two months, woo-hoo! A brief report of things that are going on with Osuuskunta Hastur and The dead of the dead follows..

Two months ago I packed my bags to spend a few months in Japan, meeting friends and working on DeDD. Getting organized took a lot of time, dusting off the part of my brain that can handle all those Japanese situations took even longer. It was fun to come back tho, seeing all my friends and going to hundred different live shows. DeDD documentation and players guides were crafted along other things. But as there was nothing really to show, I just postponed writing the blog. Sorry About That!

We got into talks with my programmer friend, Dr Lukasz, about another project that would be more lightweight than DeDD, one that we could whip up and test in a few days. Dream on, that little project got our designer and myself really excited and we were banging away on the design docs and related things. Nothing is as simple as it looks.

But now the preliminary design of the Super Secret Sideproject is wrapped up and Dr Lukasz is blasting away on the compiler, we will have a pre-pre-alpha testing version for this coming saturday. Using a hacky command line dark side manouver, the binary will be planted on our android handsets and we can go out and test the thing. Next week will be used for fixing bugs and finalizing stuff that's going to be needed to make a bit of a video demonstration of the game.

I'm almost tempted to post our elevator pitch (yeah, we still believe in elevator pitches and we wear bell bottomed trousers as well) but because of this and that, that's going to have to wait.

It had been a year since I met Dr Lukasz and he told me he's been involved in gps/geospatial data application development. Well that's a curious coincidence I thought, we've had an idea for a game in the geospatial world for a quite a long time but for some reason (DeDD?) had done nothing with the idea. I talked to Lukasz about the idea, he was excited and wanted to jump in and code some. Whoosh!

I'm spending the rest of the month here in Kobe as there is a lot of stuff to do and people to meet. When I leave, there'll be a nice thing to show back home, i'm sure we'll get an excited response with the Super Secret Game demo. =)

So time passed, we're not dead and the Dead of the Dead is not dead. More stuff here soon, keep your peepers peeled!

Oh. Call for arms! Please like our page on facebook by clicking this link! Every like encourages us, please show your support and tell your friends too.

Greetings from the land of the rising sun, strangers!
Sami



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti