torstai 20. joulukuuta 2012

Sounds interesting!

Hey there!

I'm Olli, one of the three founding members of Osuuskunta Hastur. I'm also one of the two designers for our coming CCG. On my own I'll be doing the sound design and music for the game.

Sami sent me a message about a month ago: "I started to write a blog about our game". I checked the first and only post and went on my merry way, happily forgetting about it until today.

As it happened, I was doing some research work for our game - which mainly means reading about and playing different CCG's - and stumbled upon a developer diary of Card Hunter. They had posts dating to July 2011 and I thought "Wow! This game has history, and I can follow that history through the thoughts of its makers. Should we have something similar?".

Then I remembered that message from Sami, came here and read six new posts by him. I realized that we've already started to build our own history and I can be part of it!

Lately I've spent quite some time researching a CCG called Legacy of Heroes. I play in Kongregate, but LoH can be also accessed through Facebook or other gaming sites like Armorgames. Kongregate and Armorgames are sites for Flash games and most Facebook games are made with Flash. Could Flash be a viable option for us too? It would probably net us more players, but as I don't know anything about programming, I don't know how much time it would take or if it's even possible. Luckily Sami knows.

Some iOS research material I'll be tackling next:
Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs. Evil
SolForge
DDay Dice (might be pulled)

take care,
Olli
the sound/design guy

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti